We are currently hiring university graduates that will start in our annual Graduate Training Program from 1 August 2009. Twelve graduates from Mozambique, Tanzania and Uganda have been hired during the last year and we are looking to hire a larger number during the coming months.
Who we are looking for
We are interested in graduates with a background in forestry and agriculture, geographic information systems, statistics, engineering and business. Students with other degrees, with a particular interest in our company are also encouraged to apply. We are looking for students willing to take on practical work, willing to work in a performance oriented organization
The responsibilities for a graduate trainee are typically the following, but will vary depending on position.
- Supervise forest plantation establishment and management activities
- Collect and analyse technical data as inputs in the project monitoring and progress
- Carry out research on forestry and climate change related issues
- Undertake project studies related to forestry project management
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by supervisors
The three years' training programme takes place along with and in between the normal duties and includes among other issues the following modules and qualifications:
Nursery and planting operations
- orest industry operations, management and control
- Microsoft Office certification
- ArcView GIS software
- Land survey
- Obtaining driver's license
Upon satisfactory completion of the training programme, employees will be offered the opportunity to take a leave of absence to study for a Masters Degree. TreeFarms will pay for the tuition and will continue to pay a salary. On the other hand, students will dedicate their Master's thesis to a subject of interest to TreeFarms and continue to work for TreeFarms for at least another three years' after completion of their Masters studies.
What do we offer?
- A modern, meritocratic organization
- An international environment
- Competitive salary
- Free housing, electricity and water
- Good health care and insurance coverage
- Personal equipment
- laptop computer
- digital camera
- mobile phone
- An excellent training environment
Applicants, please send your long form CV and a one page summary CV to