Core Environmental and Social Values
- We are a young, dynamic, carbon offset, plantation, forest products and renewable energy company that aims for profitable growth and value added for shareholders.
- We are committed to becoming the largest and best carbon offset, plantation, forest product and renewable energy company in East Africa.
- Our aim is to be the preferred employer in our industry, as well as the preferred partner for local communities and our customers.
- We respect and protect the environment and foster the social improvement and well being of our people and the rural communities we work with.
- We want to bring development to some of the poorest areas in the world’s least developed countries.
- We invest in people and our staff, because that is the basis for our success: employees who perform well, show commitment, loyalty and integrity will be fostered and rewarded.
- We have zero tolerance towards discrimination, poor working conditions, work-related accidents and corruption within the company.
- We are committed to protecting the natural environment and creating a socially responsible organisation and, therefore, we are committed to sustainable forest management principles, including those of the Forest Stewardship Council.
- We want our operations to contribute to mitigating climate change and assist industrialised countries to meet their emission reduction commitments under the United Nation’s Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC).
- We want to contribute to local, regional and national sustainable development objectives, in accordance with national legislation and relevant international treaties and other requirements to which the organisation subscribes (eg, FSC, CCBA, ISO 14001).